Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reading



I have recently been trying to make more time to read. I was so pleased to learn about this book. It is titled Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. The author is a Christian and she has a lot of insight on the importance of reading to your children. And not just any old book, but well written books that get little brains warmed up and excited about reading. She puts an emphasis on reading out loud to your children. What's really great about the book is that the last half is a series of booklists that she organized according to age and/or reading level. It also includes a couple lists of books that help kids and families grow as Christians. And although it was written way back in 1969, it still applies to today. I borrowed a copy of this book from the public library, but plan to purchace one so that I can reference the booklists when I borrow or buy a book in the future.

No comments: