Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to School!

Trevor, 7th grade! I can hardly believe it. He is growing up before my very eyes. He is taller than me. He is smarter than me. Well, at least in math. The boy is taking Geometry this year. Normally a 10th grade class. He'll be earning a high school credit for it which is great. He continues to amaze me with his success in school. Hannah, 3rd grade. On to a new school. Oak Grove is 3rd through 5th grades. She adjusts so well though. Even though none of her closest girlfriends were in her class, she was still very excited and ready for 3rd grade. She is already bringing home books from her classroom library, and I'm sure this will be another great school year for her.


Ben and Ava braved the big world of preschool yesterday. They had different feelings about the idea of going, though. Ava was very excited and even said she was going to be a big girl and stay without Mommy there. Ben, on the other hand, was a little nervous, as the pictures show. He wanted me to stay the whole time. But after a few minutes on the playground and having his teacher come over to him and talk to him a bit, he loosened up and was doing well when I left. They will only be going two days a week. Just enough to get some social interaction and experience a structured, school like environment. It will be strange for me to be without any children for 2 1/2 hours on those days. I'm sure I'll get used to having some free time to get things done...

1 comment:

TSHAA said...

WOW! I bet that is a little strange having the house all to yourself for a couple hours a week. I'm sure you will fill up those hours in no time though. Your kids are beautiful and I can see why you are so proud of each of them. You guys have done a great job with them. Hope you don't mind if I ever need to come to you for parenting advice on raising three! :)