Friday, May 30, 2008

Recycling




I try really hard to recycle everything I possibly can. Many of my friends and family would attest to this fact. Just last week, in fact, I took a bag home full of empty boxes and french fry containers from McDonalds after having lunch there. (I wasn't going to confess this because it is, afterall, borderline crazy! But I already let the information slip out to a friend at work, so what the heck?!) After we finished our lunch there, I looked at all of those empty containers, knowing that they almost always end up in the trash can inside the restaurant. And it bothered me. I really hate to waste things, and so bringing them home and putting them into my commingled recycle bin was what I had to do.
But what I really want to mention, on the topic, is something said by my little boy last night. He came to me with two pieces of cardboard in his hand and said, "Mommy, is this garbage or recycle?" Now this might sound crazy, but I was so proud! :) He is only three years old, and this just goes to show you that I, like every other parent, have habits that rub off on my children. So glad that this good habit, (in my opinion), is rubbing off on him!
Now, here is a picture of the silly boy...



No comments: