Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Soccer




I love Saturday soccer. Trevor and Hannah are both soccer players. In the fall and spring, we plan our Saturdays around the soccer games...or try to figure out how to fit both soccer games into the day, which can be tricky since I'm often the only parent available to do the "soccer run." But I don't mind it. I actually really enjoy it. Soccer is something they both do well and seem to really have fun with.
I left my camera at home today by accident for Hannah's game, so no shots of her this time. I did get some good photos of Trevor though. I just sat with my camera ready to shoot, which is what you have to do to get a good action shot.
He has been playing since he was five years old. We used to go to his games back then and giggle as the boys would all run together around the ball, hovering over it like a swarm of bees. The way he plays now is so different and I find myself sitting on the edge of my chair as it gets exciting. When he was younger and would score a goal, I would be so proud of him that it would bring me to tears. It's the same today, and whenever he makes a good pass or challenges another player and makes it around him with the ball, the lump stars forming in my throat. I guess it's just the mommy in me.
I'm proud beyond proud. But not just because he is good at soccer; he is successful at a multitude of things, but more simply because I have been entrusted this wonderful young man by God.

No comments: