Saturday, May 17, 2008

Table Restored


About five years ago, Larry and I were in Sisters, Oregon going through the sweet little antique shops. We found this table and I loved it. Someone had taken an old window and built the table around it. The window lifted up so things (magazines, books, decorative items...) could be stored inside. Since we have owned it, we have had to have a few of the window panes replaced due to obvious reasons having three children in the house. I started to think that maybe the table needed a facelift. Something more durable that would withstand several more years of use. I decided to take the window out and designed a new top for the table. Larry was nice enough to build the new top for me, (although I was a little disappointed as I would really like to learn how to use some power tools! :) Painted it black, attached a new handle and hinges, distressed it a little, and this is what I came up with...


I'm very pleased with the result. We plan to store board games and books inside the new table.






1 comment:

TSHAA said...

You guys do such a great job at decorating and all that kind of stuff. I think thats one of the things we really like about this house when we bought it...how cute it looked inside! I love the table! What a great idea!